MLS Fangirl

Comments from a fangirl's eye-view on Major League Soccer, the American slice of the world's greatest sport.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

In Bizarro World, a loss is a win

The US is fourth in FIFA rankings??? Don't get me wrong, I love my boys, but how in the holy heck is that possible that they moved up? A butt-whooping and a tie make for a boost in rank? I'd really like to know what they know. Good gravy, we don't even know yet for a few weeks who's on the team!

MLS Commissioner Don Garber and Co are making an annoucement Thursday at the Chicago Fire's stadium. About what, I don't know, although there seems to be a rumour floating about that it's about the MLS All-Star team playing Chelsea this summer. To which I agree with post, I should care, why?

I like this story at MLS.net about how my adored Frankie Hejduk is the faring as team leader of the Crew this season, and how the team's relying on him as their man of experience. Which, of course, means they're totally screwed if/when he goes off to Alemania this summer. Oh well, wouldn't it be a rip if they actually did fantastically without him? This is what happened with my indoor team when I went off to Barcelona, they started winning in my absence. Of course, I suck at actually playing the beautiful game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home