MLS Fangirl

Comments from a fangirl's eye-view on Major League Soccer, the American slice of the world's greatest sport.

Friday, April 14, 2006

Bending my mind around Beckham

David Beckham in MLS? I can't quite decide if this means that Beckham has officially lost his mind, or if MLS has become a professional league respected in the rest of the futbol world and I just wasn't paying attention. Of course, that's not to say that both can't be true at the same time. As they say, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they ain't out ta get ya.

"I want to be part of a country that is passionate about sport," he noted. Note, Becks, that this country is passionate about every sport other than futbol. Not that I'd mind seeing Beckham play for MLS, even in the capacity of "Rather than be put out to European pasture, I'll come play for an American league and be the top dawg." Having both Beckham and Ronaldo playing in the US certainly would be a draw. Still, I can't imagine it. The salary that they'd be paid in the US is chump change compared with what they get in Europe. But it'd be something, wouldn't it?

So if Becks came to MLS, which team would he end up on? I'd think LA, and then which one? Beckham on the Galaxy seems like the natural fit, but wouldn't it be a thing if he ended up playing for Chivas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home