MLS Fangirl

Comments from a fangirl's eye-view on Major League Soccer, the American slice of the world's greatest sport.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

It's an honor to be spanked by you, sirs!

Holy crap, HOLY CRAP -- MLS.net has announced that FC Barcelona is coming to the US in August to do a little tour. The team of Ronaldinho is coming to beat the living tar out New York and some TBA Mexican teams.

For your money's worth, with your ticket you also get to see Chivas duke it out with the Revs in LA on Aug. 6. Then it's off to Houston to play a Mexican club on the 9th, then to New York on the 12th.

I'm so excited about this that I'm willing to go to Houston in the middle of August in my Ronaldinho jersey that I bought in Barcelona in 2004. Eek, Houston, the city if smog, eagle-sized mosquitos and humidity. Yeah, but the Barca are worth it. You can put down a $25 deposit for tickets, but I wonder how much the tickets will be.

I did not get to see the MLS sorta-all-stars take on Jamaica last night, but that's OK, other than missing out on Tony "I'm the size of a Hummer" Meola's 100th cap and a newly shorn Ben Olsen -- and doesn't he look all cute when you can see his whole face, much better than the "I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK" look he was sporting last outing, maybe the beard wasn't a good-luck charm after all, eh? I would like to see Olsen make the US team, simply because I think he's a really dependable player with a lot of heart and skill. We're just a few weeks away until Bruce Arena names the final 23-man roster, so here's to hoping for ya, Ben.

So's I'm hunting high and low for info on the live streaming for MLS games through MLS.net. Anyone know where I can put my money down for that?

2 Comments:

  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger I-66 said…

    I see Metros beating Barcelona like I see Santa Claus bringing me a Ferrari for Christmas.

    Though I have to admit, as an MLS fan and fan of US Soccer, I'm rooting for them to beat Barca.

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger MLS Fangirl said…

    If New York beat Barca, I think Barcelona as a whole would have to hang itself in shame. I think if that happened I'd be simultaneously horrified and delighted. And really wishing I'd sent a bet to my sister in Las Vegas ...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home