MLS Fangirl

Comments from a fangirl's eye-view on Major League Soccer, the American slice of the world's greatest sport.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Second thoughts

So my first thought upon seeing the headline "DC bids adieu to Adu" -- OK, my first real thought was ugh, puny -- was "What the hell!!" But then I got to thinkin' about it. He may not be going to Manny U, but he's going. He'd might as well leave from Salt Lake, which seems to be going all out, like all the way to BFE, in order to avoid the bottom of the standings cellar in the 2007 season. So they'll have SuperFreddy for a couple of months before he joins the show on the continent. Weeelll, the Islands. Or whatever. Nothere.

What saddens me most -- DC also traded off Nick Rimando. I love Nick Rimando, and I've been a big fan of his since day one. I admit, last year I totally enjoyed seeing Troy Perkins in the net, and since I had gotten him for my fantasy team and quite the deal, since he'd been a sub the year before and no one really knew he would be a star, but I do love Nick. And even though it means seeing him play, maybe, I still hate to see him go to Salt Lake. I'm just not a fan of that team. They're changing things up so much, they might change my mind. We'll see.

I haven't been around, I know. I couldn't get excited about the MLS Cup, and I haven't been able to get all whoopdedoo excited that there might be a smidgen larger of a possibility that Beckham is crossing over to play for us scrubs. It's winter and it's off season. But, the good news is, I'm done with undergrad school this week, hooray me. I do start grad school in January, but I'll be working a little less once that starts. That brings in all sorts of possibilities for more fĂștbol watching, especially with Soccer Thursday coming up next season.

We'll keep an eye on more shuffling news, shall we?

1 Comments:

  • At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think lil Freddi is just chomping at the bit to get teh heck out of here to the EPL. Though I wonder if he'll meet a mormon girl and settle down - not!

    Nice to see your blog. I'm a LA Galaxy season ticket holder and new blogger myself (http://lethalsoccer.com).

    Peace

     

Post a Comment

<< Home