MLS Fangirl

Comments from a fangirl's eye-view on Major League Soccer, the American slice of the world's greatest sport.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Is there enough room in LA ...

... for the egos of both Beckham and Alexi Lalas?

Will David Beckham come to the US? Most likely he will. But will he play for LA? Of course, the idea has been that yes, since he's got his sports academy there. But then again, in this age of transcontinental and trans-global commuting, it wouldn't be a thing for Becks to live in Cali and jet over to, say, New York, if he wanted. Which team, I wonder, will have the funds in place to nab him? Is it automatically the Galaxy? We'll see.

I'm still recovering from DC's loss on Sunday, a loss, I'm sad to say, didn't really surprise me. Still, I'm fangirl enough to say thank you, DC United, for giving me a solid six months of thrills with a few weeks of chills thrown in at the end there, and you guys are my guys forever. I love you all. I'm looking forward to next season to see you try it again, and this time go all the way. Oh, how we love to go all the way.

I'm rather annoyed with the way the MLS Cup has shaken out because now I've got to root for a Texas team, darn it. Oh well, at least it's Houston and not Dallas. ...

2 Comments:

  • At 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Becks to LA and Rotundo, er..Ronaldo to NYRB...

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Silly Okie.

    Go Hoops!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home