MLS Fangirl

Comments from a fangirl's eye-view on Major League Soccer, the American slice of the world's greatest sport.

Monday, August 28, 2006

From the wires

But before I get started, I just want to say that I've never been as happy to have missed a DC game as I was on Saturday night. 5-2!!! And with an own-gol on each side? Heavens to mergatroid, that's not a glich, that's a brownout.

Anyway.

Man, poor Dominic Mediate, who got injured in said wretched game with a broken right shank and won't be playing for the rest of the season. Which kind of sucks for him because he only played a handful of games so far. Let's light a candle for his return next season, shall we?

And so is Beckham coming to MLS or not? C'mon, folks, make up your minds. Did he sign the contract extention with Real Madrid or is he going to be shopping around? He is still off the English National Team, ain't he? So I wonder, exactly, at what point does he get out to pasture enough to head on over to the US.

Who else is doing fantasy futbol, and how is your team doing? I swear to all things holy, if you had told me at the beginning of the season that some of my most valuable players would be from Chivas, I would have laughed Sierra Mist through my nose. Juan Pablo Garcia is just eating up the points for me, as is Jonathan Bornstein. My most valuable player -- DC keeper Troy Perkins, who, again, I wasn't sure would be the main keeper this season when I bought him. But of course, the top scoring leader is DC's Christian Gomez, as it should be.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How much truth is there to the rumor that Becks will come spend his last years in the MLS? I think it would be good for US Soccer--it would generate some new interest especially having a "star" in the league. And there is that clip they constantly run on Fox Soccer Channel of Becks saying he'd love to play in the US, or something like that...

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger MLS Fangirl said…

    I'd actually love it if he ended up on Chivas, just because. :)

    And thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home