MLS Fangirl

Comments from a fangirl's eye-view on Major League Soccer, the American slice of the world's greatest sport.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Weekend off

For those who are watching and keeping score, I took the weekend off. It's not that I particularly wanted to stay away from futbol this weekend, it's just that things came up, games were missed, recaps weren't read. As in all things in life, the game went on without me, beautifully I'm sure. Hopefully I'll be getting around to viewing some highlights sometime this week before the next round hits.

Right now I'm waiting for Tuesday to see who's going to make the USMNT. US Soccer.com has an interesting chart showing the opinions of various voices on who they think will make it. As it stacks up there:

With the nine predictions below, 15 players have been chosen on every 'ballot,' including Beasley, Cherundolo, Convey, Donovan, Howard, Johnson, Keller, Lewis, Mastroeni, McBride, O'Brien, Onyewu, Pope, Reyna and Wolff.


And it's really hard to argue with that lineup, although I'm not too sure about including O'Brien in there. As for the rest, yeah, my crush Frankie will go, too, because Arena likes him, and about a month ago I would have said Taylor Twelleman had a really good shot, although I'd be more inclined to go with Olsen. Anyway, we'll see tomorrow afternoon, and then the only question will be, how fast can I cut these guys from my fantasy team?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home