MLS Fangirl

Comments from a fangirl's eye-view on Major League Soccer, the American slice of the world's greatest sport.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

It really does give you wings


You'd really think that this moment would be the highlight of my day, 41 minutes into DC United's game against Red Bull New York. My favorite player in the whole world not only makes a nifty goal, but he follows it up with the coup de grace, a CarbonatedPixieStix chaser that he spits out all over the astroturf. Oh yeah, that's some huevos grandes right there, boyo, and that's one of the reasons I just looooove this guy. My favorite quote of the day --- MLS.net has a piece on his return to his old stomping grounds, and when asked whether the Red Bull moment was planned, Alecko said, "I have a history of concussions, so I really can't remember." And then he follows it up with another pop into the net past Tony Meola, and there you go, the kid is back.


And then, then when you didn't think it could get any better, Argentinian defender Facundo Erpen knocks in this colloso of a gol from 40 yards out, clearing out the cobwebs from the upper deck of the net, ensuring his place for the GOTW. Oh man, marry me, Facundo. This is one of those little pieces of heaven that make futbol what it is. Follow that up by a gol in the 88th by Jamil Walker and that's what I call a good day of play, ending at 4-1.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger I-66 said…

    Facundo for Goal Of The Week.

    Esky for Celebration Of The Year.

    Meola for Worst Goalkeeping Ever.

     
  • At 5:46 AM, Blogger MLS Fangirl said…

    I wonder if the team gets free RedBull, because Meola surely needed wings.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home