MLS Fangirl

Comments from a fangirl's eye-view on Major League Soccer, the American slice of the world's greatest sport.

Monday, April 24, 2006

It's karma, is what it is

Ya spend your time doing a little something to help the environment and what happens? You beat last year's Cup champs. Yeah, that must be it. I glanced over at Soccer365 and saw this little tidbit of info about how the Columbus Crew is getting honored for its recycling efforts, and the little environmental shoulderangel in me is just gleeful. But

moreso, as I raptured all over this blog on Saturday night, I'm thrilled that the Crew got a win, thanks to Kyle Martino's gol at the last second in stoppage time, and that the team has climbed out of the standings well. It would be nice (yeah, I'm talking to you, MLS) to be able to see game highlights, and to see how on earth this happened. Hopefully this is more of a sign that the Crew is starting to pull it together rather than that the Galaxy is falling apart. That said, Paulo Nagamura has been axed from the fantasy team for just not doing anything in particular lately.

This was the game I didn't get to see, because it was on HDNet, so the MLSLive.tv isn't exactly a cure-all for my soccer addiction, but it's good enough. It felt a little bit like a cheat to plunk down my $24.90 (that's $19.95 for the streaming video and $4.95 for the audio), but it was rather nice to see two games on the telly instead. It'll pay off next week with four whole games, including one on Sunday.

No need to go over the DC-Red Bull game, and don't you wish we could vote for Cheeky-Move-Of-The-Week honors? I had fun watching the Houston-Salt Lake game, which actually came down to be a bit of a nail-biter, because for juuuuuust a second there, I thought Salt Lake might break it's losing streak and get a win. I'm almost at the point where I want this team to win something, anything, for pity's sake!

And wow, I was really surprised by the outcome of the Dallas-Wizards came. Not at the score, because quite honestly, I feel these teams are very evenly matched, especially now that Carlos Ruiz is back, but with the Wizards' weak play in the first half. They came back in the second, which I don't think was due to Dallas playing a man down. If not for that stoppage goal by Pitchkolan, I'm sure the game would have held at a draw. Oh well. The game was truly a sophie's choice of a moment, as I like the Wizards and wanted them to win, except that if they lost then DC would take the top spot in Eastern Standings, which of course I want because they're my absolute favorite team. Oooh, choices.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home