MLS Fangirl

Comments from a fangirl's eye-view on Major League Soccer, the American slice of the world's greatest sport.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Stars align for Grabavoy, but not for the Galaxy

It looks like it's been quite a weekend for Ned Grabavoy. Not only did he and Joseph Ngwenya get traded from the Galaxy to the Crew, but he got the game-winning gol for Columbus on Saturday to beat the Colorado Rapids 1-0. And on top of that, he managed to jump the sinking ship that is the LA Galaxy just before they committed the utter ignominy of getting whooped by Real Salt Lake at the HDC.

I can only imagine if Kyle Martino and John Wolyniec were wondering if there's any way to get back to Ohio. Still, in the end they swapped a tied-for-third team with a now tied-for-third team, with the Crew even with New England at 10 points in the East and LA even with Colorado in the West with 7. Despite the triumph of using last year's MLS Cup Champs to snap an 18-game non-winning streak, all RSL managed to do on Sunday points-wise is once again tie with Chivas for last place in the West.

What kills me is I owned Grabavoy, he was on my fantasy team for about a day before I decided to trade him in for I don't even remember who. Maybe I should look at getting him again, since I like getting to put members from my favorite teams on my fantasy teams. And I cannot believe that my prediction that RSL would win actually came out this time. Good for you RSL. Now let's see how well ya do at home now that you've gotten a victory appetizer in LA.

And speaking of favorite teams, the DC/KC game pretty much game off as I expected, although I wasn't expecting the points to rack up quite that fast. 3 points in like 20 minutes of play? Crazy, but crazy in a good way, especially Alecko's punt over Bo Oshoniyi's head in the 16th. Too sweet.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger Brian said…

    re "I owned Grabavoy": No one owns Grabavoy. He is a force of nature, a concept, an ideal. Trying to own him would be like attempting to tie down a river or save flatulence in a bottle. ... Wait. They do that now, don't they? Nevermind. The point is that Grabavoy belongs to all of us. Your attempts to own him are doomed to failure.

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger MLS Fangirl said…

    My attempts to own him are a spectacular failure, as he's now too expensive for me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home