MLS Fangirl

Comments from a fangirl's eye-view on Major League Soccer, the American slice of the world's greatest sport.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Awww, Frankie, say it ain't so

One day after he got named to the World Cup roster, my beloved Frankie Hejduk got replaced by Christ Albright due to injuries. It seems Frankie tore a knee ligament in the Crew's game against KC on Saturday, so the two-time Cup veteran won't be making a three-peat.

And it looks like I'll still be cutting him from the fantasy team, at least for a bit. Awwww, I'm so disappointed. I mean, really, I'm quite bummed, because he is my favorite player.

Oh well.

Good soccer things: Thanks to the magic that is the Internet, I at least got to see a clip of Bruce Arena on SportsCenter on Tuesday night. Also on the SocccerNet site is a clip of USMNT's biggest starfan, Drew Carey, trying to explain to an inept sportscaster his love for fĂștbol. And the idiot SportsCenter guy then totally blew it by asking Drew what he thought about all the other sports in Cleveland. Because we can't just talk about fĂștbol, oh no.

Other good stuff -- I saw a Gatorade commercial featuring the US Men's team, and it was lovely.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:11 AM, Blogger MLS Fangirl said…

    I know. I know a lot of people give Frankie a lot of crap because ... I dunno, they think he's not a good player. But I really admire his heart and his skill and his dedication. And yeah, he does play all over the place, and he does it solidly each time. Dare we even hold out for a 2010 appearance? *sigh* That'd be something, but I can't hold my breath on it.

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger I-66 said…

    I love the Take Me Out To The Ballgame Gatorade spot. I'm looking for it online, actually... I want to put it on the blog. Spot on.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home