MLS Fangirl

Comments from a fangirl's eye-view on Major League Soccer, the American slice of the world's greatest sport.

Friday, May 19, 2006

This is how Vegas makes money

To all you people who are betting at the US is going to win the World Cup (hat tip to World Cup Blog): I'll be happy to take your money. Just send it to me in a plain envelope marked, "Cash from Suckers Who Know Nothing About Futbol." If you really want to part with your money so darn badly, give it to me. I'm going to grad school next year, so I need the additional funding. Giving money to me is just as insane as betting on the US to win. That's what you get for taking the FIFA rankings so seriously (Do you learn nothing from the BCS?).

Speaking of La Copa de Mundial stuff, get ready for next week's Send-Off series as the USMNT tackles Morocco, Venezuela and Latvia, and they will be televised.

Quick MLS picks for Saturday:

Dynamo vs. Fire:
Jeez, the Dynamo on EPSN2 again?? The orange jerseys aren't that great, guys, pick another team. I normally would have automatically gone with Houson on this, but with Ching gone and some good players possibly sidelined from injuries, I think the Fire might actually rack up its second win. I'm going with Chicago, just because I'm sick of seeing Houston on TV.

New York vs. Chivas:
Awwww, I don't even want to make a pick here. I'd like Chivas to get a win here. They're due. But something tells me that New York is gonna show that Red Bull goes great with toasted goat.

Crew vs. DC:
Another away game against a team that they should be able to beat. I think DC should easily be able to keep it together to keep that first-place standing, but they've got that choking reflex to overcome. Still, my money's on DC, and that's probably a pretty safe bet. As my darling Frankie Hejduk is out with an injury that will take time to heal -- my husband had the same injury and he was on crutches for two months -- I actually *sob* sold him off my fantasy team. I'll get him back when he's back.

Dallas vs. New England:
Oh, Dallas, easily. Even with Golden Boy Twelleman looking to make Bruce Arena regret his exclusion from the national team, Dallas has been playing some serious soccer this year.

Real vs. Wizards:
Oooh, this could be rather exciting. Real Salt Lake needs to prove that last week's win over LA isn't just a flash in the pan, and the Wizards need to prove that they can get alone without Conrad, Johnson and Wolff. Who wants it more? Actually, I'm gonna take a chance and go with RSL on this one again.

Galaxy vs. Rapids:
Hee hee, oh yes, Rapids, no question.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home