MLS Fangirl

Comments from a fangirl's eye-view on Major League Soccer, the American slice of the world's greatest sport.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Lil' help here ...

OK, Wizards faithful, give a gal a little assistance. Yeah, I know the spectre of the RedMetroBullStars is hovering about, but I have some local curiosity, so I'm throwing the question out there to see if I can get an answer: Wizards fans, how's your city treating your team? I'm curious, because the rumor mill is just flying on whispers that the Wizards will be leaving KC to make its home in Tulsa next season. I, myself, have been doubtful, of that possibility. Tulsa's a small metro, and although it did once host the North American Soccer League's Tulsa Roughnecks , I've stated before that I'm uncertain whether a small market like Tulsa -- hell, Oklahoma itself -- is big enough to handle a major league team, especially MLS. But maybe I'm wrong -- maybe a small market is exactly the way MLS is looking, so a move by the Wizards south to Tulsa might be the start of the Next Big Thing.

Is KC doing right by its team and working to get that soccer-specific stadium as promised? Or shall I start prepping for weekends of round-trips down the turnpike?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home