MLS Fangirl

Comments from a fangirl's eye-view on Major League Soccer, the American slice of the world's greatest sport.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

From the wires

I go away for a few days and news of international players start hitting the wires. Chivas signs France's Laurent Merlin (man, I do love that name!), the Wizards signed Argentina's Carlos Marinelli, RBNY is trying to get Brazilian striker Edmundo. Just like leagues worldwide and the United States itself, MLS is getting to be a very worldly place to be. How lovely. Does it seem like this is a season where a lot of this is going on? I should really do some research before I post questions like that, huh? But it feels very much to me that MLS is getting to be the international place to be. Like Disneyland, except with slightly better parking. It may not be true, but it feels true, hence, it's jam-packed with truthiness.

Oh wow, I know I'm late on this, but I just listened to the MLS anthem, and I gotta say, whatever they're on, I want some of that. Does fĂștbol need a theme song? Why not call the people who did the song for Enterprise and have them do something for MLS while they're at it? Yeek.

So I'm goin' out drinking with friends tonight at a bar that you know won't have MLS on for its premiere Thursday night game, but since it's an California game, I may be back in time to watch it from the comfort of my own cozy gamer's chair. I have grand notions to liveblog a game, but I don't think this one is going to be it. My immediate call was for Dallas to win, but then a little gremlin grabbed my ear and whispered that it's LA's day. So the Galaxy by 1.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 1:03 AM, Blogger scaryice said…

    Hey I'm just curious, have you actually made any money from the adsense at the top of the page?

     
  • At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How 'bout those Red Bulls? Class of the league through three weeks, no doubt!

     
  • At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Of course the MLS is getting international. They have tried for years now to keep it American, but MLS goes nowhere like that. It seems like they want to revive the Cosmos era, bringing the football stars to play here in the US so that they can get people interested. Beckham, Juan Pablo Angel, and now Edmundo.. lets see if people get hooked on football again!

     
  • At 10:15 PM, Blogger Kids Fellow said…

    Ronaldo gets moral support at soccer Club World Cup,

    visit:

    http://www.soccerfairy.com/ronaldo-gets-moral-support-

    at-soccer-club-world-cup.html

    and

    Verbeek wants Viduka to play on for Socceroos, read at:

    http://www.soccerfairy.com/verbeek-wants-viduka-to-play

    -on-for-socceroos.html

    and

    Big Phil drops Portugal contract hint, Read this article

    at:

    http://www.soccerfairy.com/big-phil-drops-portugal-

    contract-hint.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home