MLS Fangirl

Comments from a fangirl's eye-view on Major League Soccer, the American slice of the world's greatest sport.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Fangirl hits 100

No, not in age! This makes 100 posts since I started up this way back in February 2006. Which is pretty sad, considering that I've only done 100 posts so far. Shouldn't I have done more? Don't I have more bitching and kvetching and sobbing and huzzahing to do over MLS and the USMNT and the various related events? Are there not enough moments in the day for me to drool over various futbol gods?

(The answers, in case you're checking, are Yes, One Would Think So, and Apparantly Not!)

In the achingly long six months since the MLS season shut down, a lot has gone on with me. I graduated from college, immediately began grad school that involves a 180-mile commute twice a week, learned yet another dead foreign language and became buried under the realities that encumber the mature student. To be honest, it's crossed my mind more than once to shut down this blog, as I haven't been paying as close attention to the Beautiful Game as I should. (Confessions of a bad fangirl -- I missed Sunday's game where the USMNT whooped up on Ecuador, I simply FORGOT! And I'm so swamped with papers to write that I may have to skip out on the Guatamala rumble tonight, though I'll try very hard not to. And I even missed the Saturn Cup, when Dallas and Chicago came to my city -- yet again -- because of food poisoning from a Nothin' But Noodles franchise. There's some sportswriter daemon trying to keep me away from my beloved futbol, I suspect.) But with just 10 days until the 2007 season begins -- complete with Becks' arrival, the debut of FC Toronto, Freddy Adu probably going bye-bye, the return to play of my darling Frankie Hejduk, and, of course, this being Cobi Jones' last season, I've got too much that I know I want to pay attention to this season, so I'm going to try to hang in there. Plus since ESPN is trying to brand Thursday nights as Soccer Night, and I'm off on Thursday nights and no longer a fan of either ER or Grey's Anatomy, I know I can dedicate a night to MLS.

Not only that, but MLS Fantasy Futbol is about to reappear, and I had so much fun with it last season, I can't wait to get the Vorpal Bunnies team out there in fantasy competition.

So, I'm holding on. Even if I drown doing it.

So, stuff I've noticed:
So ... Portland for the next expansion? Well, why not? Certainly, the West Coast needs another club, it's certainly been lacking since the Earthquakes picked up and moved to Houston. No, it's not a sure deal, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Fun SI column from Jonah Freedman about Beckham taking the Galaxy spotlight off Landon Donavan, but the column isn't nearly as interesting as the big Box O Speculation that's inset in the column. Will Freddy Adu break out this seaon? Will DC's Brazilian exports get my favorite team (DC) on the sports highlight reels? Let's watch!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:49 PM, Anonymous pay per head said…

    I think that you should be concerned about the post number. the best thing that you can do. It is try to program your post. It can help you a lot.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home