MLS Fangirl

Comments from a fangirl's eye-view on Major League Soccer, the American slice of the world's greatest sport.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

US vs. Italy

I did not know it was possible to lose God and find God all in one day. Yeah, it was a draw, but it was a good draw, and the US played like they knew what they were doing, down two men who were taken out by crap officiating. This is the team I'm always thinking of when I say, "It's possible for the US to have a good run in the World Cup." Thanks for showing up, boys. And thanks, ABC cameraman, for the clear shot of a shirtless Brian McBride at the end of the game. Thanks to that shot, a friend of mine has become a fan of futbol.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Re shirtless McBride: we'll take converts any way we can get 'em. But would you believe that I have friends who are supporting ITALY--yes, even against us in Saturday's game--because they love Luca Toni??

    And I had to see them at a party Saturday after the game. I managed to keep a civil tongue in my head and didn't mention diving even once. Maybe the soccer gods will reward me on Thursday.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home