MLS Fangirl

Comments from a fangirl's eye-view on Major League Soccer, the American slice of the world's greatest sport.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Tarnished silver lining

Reasons not to be completely bummed out by the US foundering out of the World Cup:

1. We actually got a gol of our own in World Cup play in Europe.

2. Since fĂștbol in the US still is an unpopular sport, not too many people are actually aware of what happened.

3. That game on Saturday against the Italians, one of the best games of the whole World Cup.

4. No more little profiles about Landon Donovan.

5. There's still two more weeks of great fĂștbol.

So this is it. I'm sorry to have to do this to you, USMNT, but I think it's time we started seeing other people. I love you, guys, but I think it would be better this way, just for a bit. I know you've got to take a breather, get your act together. We both know that you're capable of so much more than you're demonstrating right now, and I need that in my life. I know you'll understand, because you're such a nice guy. And you might want to think about that, because you know how the girls dig the bad boys. You could stand to be a little badder. But that's OK. You're always going to be No. 1 in my heart. So if you don't mind, you'll be seeing me around with Mexico for a few days. But don't worry, I'll be dropping them for Argentina pretty soon. A girl's got to keep her options open and all. I'll be seeing you in a year or so, whenever you start getting it together to start qualifying for the next round. I just know that you're going to be incredible, and I'll be waiting. Call me, kay?

1 Comments:

  • At 7:48 PM, Blogger Crew Fan said…

    We actually got a gol of our own in World Cup play in Europe.

    Actually, McBride scored against Iran back in France '98. It's not the first time, just the first in a while, and, yet again, the only one (unless you count that own goal).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home